About Ross Point
Providing a haven for engaging, encouraging, and equipping
Ross Point Camp & Conference Center is a special place which is continually being developed to give God’s People an opportunity to experience being empowered for strength, growth, and service.
As a camp our mission is to provide a glimpse of God’s universe through hearing the gospel, experiencing Christian community, and to reinforce the ministries for the church through spiritual development, education, social groups, and recreation.
As a conference center our purpose is to provide varied groups an affordable facility with high quality food service, overnight lodging, well-maintained and comfortable meeting rooms, and recreational opportunities.
Ross Point Camp & Conference Center is a ministry of American Baptist Churches of the Northwest, serving American Baptist churches as well as other non-profit organizations.
While it is important that Ross Point operates in a sound financial manner, it is equally important that people come to camp. If you are in need of financial assistance to be able to come to camp, please call your church or Ross Point for assistance.
Ross Point camps have a trained staff plus a counselor to camper ratio of 1:5. This ensures your child the attention and care they need for a lifetime of great camp memories. Our camps are careful to provide grade/age appropriate activities, games, lessons, and speakers.
Ross Point programs provide activities that are enjoyable and challenging. Activities include: ~ Softball ~ Swimming ~ High Ropes Course ~ Bouldering Wall ~ Climbing Tower ~ Outdoor Games ~ Beach Volleyball ~ Canoeing ~ Campfire ~ Miniature Golf ~ Singing ~ Crafts ~ Devotions ~ Horseshoes ~ Karaoke ~ Basketball ~ Kayaks ~ Aqua-Jump with Slide, Blob & Log Rolling
Ross Point provides:
- opportunity for initial Christian commitment
- Christian growth in an outdoor setting apart from the daily routine
- people to be with the Creator in God’s creation
- Sessions from one to seven days and are available for first graders through adults
It is our purpose to provide a ministry that will challenge individuals to:
- establish and develop a personal relationship with Christ our Lord
- experience unconditional acceptance
- learn more about God by living with and being cared for by mature, caring, trained staff who lead campers through Bible study, devotions, singing, prayer, fun fellowship and faith sharing
- love God, self and others by living in community quite apart from the pressures, demands, and stereotypes of everyday living with old and new friends, both staff and campers, sharing and caring regardless of differences
- learn how to live in Christian community as Christ intended, by practicing decision making, communication, and relating to others through living in small groups
- discover and develop personal gifts, talents, and abilities through individual and group activities, challenges, games and exploration
- practice good stewardship of Creation by discovering and exploring God’s wonderful and mysterious Creation by minimizing waste, recycling, preserving nature and nurturing all of Creation
John was raised in Utah and attended the ABC, Clearfield Community Church. He spent six years traveling with a Christian drama company throughout the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. He began camp ministry in 1983 at Camp Utaba in Utah. He served as Interim Director at Brainerd Center, Pennsylvania, then as Director of Geneva Hills Center in Lancaster Ohio. He completed a Certified Camp Director program through the American Camping Association. In 1996, he and family spent the summer at Rainbow Glacier Camp in Haines, Alaska directing the program. He came to Ross Point in January of 2001 as Executive Director. John loves the outdoors, climbing, camping, skiing and is a private pilot and a member of the National Ski Patrol. He is married to his wife Fay and they have three children; Zachary, Rachel and Joel, and eleven grandchildren.
Food Service Operator
Resource Development Administrator